Coronavirus Update Sri lanka Today Covid19. As we know the world facing a big problem after the breakdown of corona virus(accurately the Covid 19). Lot of the countries are locked down. The sri lanka also locked down for more than three weeks. So in this post we decided to bring you information about
- What is corona virus
- History of corona virus
- How to protect from corona virus
- Symptoms of the disease
- Daily update about the covid-19
What is corona virus..?
Viruses, and the diseases they cause, often have different names. In the case of corona virus it’s structure and appearance. Corona means, actually rounded appearance with spikes. Eg the sun, crown of the queen. The same appearance corona virus has. So scientist named the virus called CORONA virus.
History of corona virus
Corona virus is not new to the world. It’s discovered in early 1930s in chickens. Time to time the virus got mutated and adapted to the environment. Then it called by different names. Whatever changes effect of the virus doesn’t changes. It cause respiratory track infection.
Human coronaviruses were discovered in the 1960s.
SARS-CoV in 2003
HCoV NL63 in 2004
HKU1 in 2005
MERS-CoV in 2012
SARS-CoV-2 in 2019 (Covid19)
Most of these have involved serious respiratory tract infections.
How to protect from corona virus
Basic Preventive measures
- Wash your hands often (How to wash the hand properly)
- Cover your cough and sneeze using elbow ( It prevent the droplets spread in to the air, also prevent spread to others while shaking hands)
- Cover your cough and sneeze using a tissue and dispose tissue properly.
- Avoid Shaking hands or hugging your friends and relatives
- Avoid crowded places
- Maintain at least one meter distance between yourself and others, if in public or while you are talking. (Because the droplet can spread to 1m from the coughing or sneezing person, that doesn’t mean 1m accurately. it can go with the air more than 1m. But 1m is for just for the measurement.)
Symptoms of the disease
- Sore throat,
- Difficulty in breathing
- with fever
Having these symptoms doesn’t mean you have COVID-19. However, since these are common symptoms of the COVID-19 infection.
If you have these symptoms don’t leave your home for any reasons rather than seeking for the health support. Use separate room, towel and don’t appear front of others. Use separate toilet and bathroom.
It is good to admitted to the hospital. They will arrange all the required thinks. Covid 19 is not a crime.